Easy Pointers To Help You Write A Great Process Essay
Process, or instructive essays, explains how something is done or something happens. An effective process essay will leave the reader informed and hopefully a little more at ease regarding the topic.
Writing a ‘how to’ might seem easy, but if you haven’t done it before or aren’t doing it write, it can read like a very mundane list, which nobody would be interested in completing. With this in mind, you don’t want to pick a topic that is complicated or one that is painfully simple.
Find some middle ground
- Don’t use a topic that just sounds like directions. This isn’t an E-book or an instruction manual.
- Think of something fun. Not necessarily cheap and cheerful, but worthy of ten minutes worth of your reader’s attention.
As mentioned, there are a couple of ways to go with a process essay. They are useful to show how something is done and explain a process completed by someone else or by natural means. Make sure you are clear in your own mind with which process essay you are writing before you confuse yourself AND the reader.
The tone of this essay is very important and needs to be set immediately. As strong tone lets the reader know you are in control and they can read assured knowing they are in capable hands.
Setting the tone
- A short list with very little description is not a process essay. You need to incorporate the human element into this piece.
- Reel your reader in with a story, so even if they might not be interested in your process per se, they may like the story enough to keep reading just to see the process through.
Another element of a great process essay is letting the reader know that while all the steps are important, they should pay special attention to a certain instruction, one critical piece of information that adds another layer to the human element and shows the reader how you as the writer are looking out for them, helping to share the knowledge and create a bond with the reader that will keep them reading. Do not confuse the advice offered in the last sentence with making a sleazy sales pitch-this is an informative essay and needs to be treated as such. Just be sure to respect the informative elements as much as the personal touch a good process essay deserves.
Essay Writing Tips
- Getting a persuasive essay template
- Art critique paper crafting guides
- High school essay samples
- A list of basics of essay writing
- Acing in writing an essay
- Getting free sample essay
- Working on an essay introductory part
- Sample essay on nuclear weapons
- How to organize your essay writing
- Completing a good analysis essay
- 5 paragraph paper writing tricks
- Where to find reliable writing help
- Poetry analysis paper writing tricks
- Writing an essay in class
- Sample essay on homosexuality
- Great synthesis essay subjects
- Divorce paper sample
- Follow other sample essays wisely
- Literature: The Western Front
- Sources with free paper topics
- Considering Jane Eyre topics
- Online services help with your paper
- Sample essay on America (20th cent.)
- Compare and contrast essay subjects
- Writing on environmental issues
- Personal narrative paper tricks
- Essay sample on urban police forces
- Being prepared for writing an essay
- Standing out with your essay
- Celebrity vs parental impact: sample
- Moving upstream essay sample
- Sample essay about two kinds of sport
- Cause and effect essay: topics tips
- Philosophy of living: essay example
- Rat operant conditioning essay
- Process essay writing suggestions
- Proposal arguement paper samples
- Fresh ideas for argument essay topics
- Error checking: essay writing tips
- A sample of a rhetorical analysis essay
- Sample essay on freedom of speech
- Descriptive essay writing: tips for you
- How to make your essay remarkable
- How to make a catchy introduction