College Essay Writing Checklist
During your time in college you are going to have to write dozens of essays; it is unavoidable. For those who are not savvy in the writing department, or for those who like to write college essays but could use some pointers, having a checklist will make writing a college essay much easier. This checklist will save you time, energy, and get you into good writing habits that you can take with you beyond your college years.
The point of a checklist is to keep you organized and focused. Writing a college essay is the same thing, it needs to be organized and focused on the topic. Here are some helpful things that every college student should have on hand in order to write an effective essay in an efficient manner.
- Writing aides- These writing resources include the basics such as a dictionary, thesaurus, and even a book on how to properly cite your sources. If you do not have these on hand, make sure to look up and bookmark these in web form.
- Assistance- There are many places to go to get help with writing your essay; it is wise to have the contact info and hours of operation of these places on hand in case you get stuck. Your college writing center is the most logical place to go for proofreading, editing, and overall essay structure help.
Now that you have your resources covered, here is a secondary checklist of things to be mindful of while writing your essay. These tips will help you finish your essay much faster and the process will be less stressful.
- Have a quiet workplace- This is a given. You need to write somewhere that is not loud or full of distractions.
- Do not write late at night- Your brain has been on overload all day and chances are your essay will be as scattered as your thoughts.
- Brainstorm- This cannot be said enough; get into the habit of brainstorming. Not only does this organize your thoughts, but it also helps organize your research. There are several different ways to brainstorm, try different techniques to see what works best for you.
Writing a college essay does not have to be difficult. Keep these checklists near you as you start writing your essays and you will see what a difference these key points will make.
Essay Writing Tips
- Getting a persuasive essay template
- Art critique paper crafting guides
- High school essay samples
- A list of basics of essay writing
- Acing in writing an essay
- Getting free sample essay
- Working on an essay introductory part
- Sample essay on nuclear weapons
- How to organize your essay writing
- Completing a good analysis essay
- 5 paragraph paper writing tricks
- Where to find reliable writing help
- Poetry analysis paper writing tricks
- Writing an essay in class
- Sample essay on homosexuality
- Great synthesis essay subjects
- Divorce paper sample
- Follow other sample essays wisely
- Literature: The Western Front
- Sources with free paper topics
- Considering Jane Eyre topics
- Online services help with your paper
- Sample essay on America (20th cent.)
- Compare and contrast essay subjects
- Writing on environmental issues
- Personal narrative paper tricks
- Essay sample on urban police forces
- Being prepared for writing an essay
- Standing out with your essay
- Celebrity vs parental impact: sample
- Moving upstream essay sample
- Sample essay about two kinds of sport
- Cause and effect essay: topics tips
- Philosophy of living: essay example
- Rat operant conditioning essay
- Process essay writing suggestions
- Proposal arguement paper samples
- Fresh ideas for argument essay topics
- Error checking: essay writing tips
- A sample of a rhetorical analysis essay
- Sample essay on freedom of speech
- Descriptive essay writing: tips for you
- How to make your essay remarkable
- How to make a catchy introduction